$ 100M more profit
Borealis Polymers Ltd produces ethylene and other petrochemical products at its ethylene cracker in Porvoo, Finland.
Borealis had already used the NAPCON Controller Model Predictive Control (MPC) since 1999, but in 2003 they felt it was time to further increase their profit by acquiring an optimizer. Borealis ordered the NAPCON Optimizer from Neste Engineering Solutions.
Our estimate is that the NAPCON Optimizer has continued to produce the same amount of annual profit ever since 2005, meaning that we have passed the cumulative profit milestone of 100 million USD.
Project in a nutshell
NESTE ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS DELIVERED THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS AND SERVICES TO BOREALIS POLYMERS OY:
- NAPCON Controller MPC software package (Delivery finished 1999)
- NAPCON Optimizer Dynamic Real-time Optimization software package (Delivery 2003–2004)
- Full engineering and implementation services
- Client training
BENEFITS TO BOREALIS POLYMERS OY:
- Profit increase 12.5 million USD/a (recorded 2005)
- Cumulative profit more than 100 million USD (recorded 2014) and counting
- Increase of ethylene, the main product of the cracker, 9% (recorded 2005)
NAPCON OPTIMIZER DELIVERY PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS:
- No process or control system shut-downs due to installation and commissioning of NAPCON
- No process equipment or instrumentation investments, only computer hardware, software and high-end engineering work
- Remote telecom connection between Client’s process and Neste Engineering Solutions
- Client was deeply engaged and involved in the project
Products we used in the project
Our latest references
Highly trained staff before starting the refinery
NAPCON Controller maximizes whey powder production
Napconize your production to get the most out of it.
Take a step towards a more successful future – contact us today.
+358 (0)10 458 1200
napcon (at) neste.com
firstname.lastname (at) neste.com