17% increase in production with no increase in energy consumption
Forchem Oy owns and operates a world-scale tall oil distillation plant in Rauma, on the Western coast of Finland. The plant has an annual capacity of 200 000 tons and produces its main products Tall Oil Rosin (TOR) and Tall Oil Fatty Acid (TOFA) from a variety of crude tall oils, using a distillation technology developed by Neste Engineering Solutions, known as ArxPinus.
The tall oil distillation process is demanding due to the overlapping boiling ranges and thermal sensitivity of tall oil compounds. However, such biochemical processes often offer opportunities for substantial improvement in terms of production growth.
During the NAPCON Performance Analysis and the subsequent NAPCON implementation, we became convinced of Neste Engineering Solutions’ expertise to carry out the production optimization with NAPCON Controller. We are very excited about the great results and the attractive payback of the investment in NAPCON.
Project in a nutshell
- Performance Analysis
- NAPCON Controller (MPC software package)
- Full implementation end engineering services
- Client training
Benefits to Forchem Oy
- 17% sustainable production increase
- 9% production increase by manual control
- 8% additional production increase after implementing NAPCON Controller
- Full turn-key implementation of MPC in 8 months, for two production lines
- 2 month delivery time for Performance Analysis
- Full implementation in 8 months
- 100% customer satisfaction, measured by Neste Engineering Solutions’ quality management system procedure
Products we used in the project
Our latest references
Highly trained staff before starting the refinery
$ 100M more profit
Napconize your production to get the most out of it.
Take a step towards a more successful future – contact us today.
+358 (0)10 458 1200
napcon (at) neste.com
firstname.lastname (at) neste.com